To foster an understanding of remote sensing science.
Emphasis is placed on developing a meaningful dialogue
among geographers interested in understanding and applying
remote sensing technology in research, instruction, public service,
and private enterprise.
RSSG on Facebook
- June, 2014: 2014 award winners announced.
- 2012 Student Illustrated Paper and Honors Paper Competitions announced. The deadline is September 21, 2011. Information available here.
- Deadline for 2011 Student Honors Paper Competition extended to November 3, 2010
- 10/06/10 - The Remote Sensing Specialty Group of the Association of American Geographers is pleased to announce the 2010-2011 Illustrated Paper Competition for Students. Students at all academic levels are invited to submit illustrated papers that advance any aspect of remote sensing, GIS, or cartography. Submissions now being accepted under the Awards section.
- 2010 - 2011 Early Career Award and Oustanding Contributions Award Nominations now being accepted here.