AAG Remote Sensing Specialty Group (RSSG) proudly announces its second Career Mentoring Panel in Remote Sensing. The event goals are to build a stronger network among remote sensing scholars and professionals, and to foster meaningful relationships between current remote sensing students/early career scholars and established fellows. The connections made in this program help prepare the next generation for a successful future and leave a lasting impact in our specialty group. Topics include job search, career guidance, and/or recommended training and coursework. The panel will be free and open to the public with anticipated audiences of both students, scholars, and professionals related to the field of geospatial technologies. We initiated the career mentoring panel in 2021 and it was a great success. Participants came from various locations within and outside of the U.S. A YouTube video was published on the RSSG YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/R7awIWOzuSU
Event date and time: Friday, November 11, 12:00-01:30pm (US Eastern Time)
Zoom link: https://odu.zoom.us/j/91008477716
Event registration: Any interested individuals are highly encouraged to fill out the RSVP form here, to better track the number of participants. Every respondent is also invited to fill a questionnaire along with RSVP on the same form.
Panelists: Six scholars and professionals with diverse backgrounds and experience have agreed to serve on the panel:
- Dr. Kamlesh Lulla from NASA/Johnson Space Centre (click here for bio)
- Sydney Neugebauer from NASA Langley Research Center (click here for bio)
- Dr. Narcisa Pricope from University of North Carolina Wilmington (click here for bio)
- Dr. Hu Shao from ESRI (click here for bio)
- Dr. Elizabeth Wentz from Arizona State University (click here for bio)
- Dr. Manzhu Yu from Pennsylvania State University (click here for bio)
Questions should be sent to Dr. Hua Liu (email@example.com), Chair of AAG RSSG.