To foster an understanding of remote sensing science.
Emphasis is placed on developing a meaningful dialogue
among geographers interested in understanding and applying
remote sensing technology in research, instruction, public service,
and private enterprise.
RSSG on Facebook
Early Career Award Winners
- 2013 - Dr. Harini Sridharan, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- 2012 - Dr. Caiyun Zhang, Florida Atlantic University, Mapping Individual Tree Species in an Urban Forest using Airborne LiDAR Data and Hyperspectral Imagery
- 2010 - Qian Yu, Department of Geosciences, University of Massachusetts
- 2009 - Le Wang, SUNY Buffalo: "A Multi-scale Approach for Delineating Individual Tree Crowns with Very-High Resolution Imagery"
- 2008 - Dr. John Rogan, Clark University: "A comparison of linear change detection methods for mapping multiple types of land-cover change in California."
- 2007 - Dr. Soe Myint, Arizona State University: "Is the Getis index more effective than the Geary*s C function in detecting spatial pattern? A case study of urban land use and land cover mapping."
- 2004 - Dr. Bing Xu, Texas State University: "Snail density prediction for Schistosomiasis control using IKONOS and ASTER images"